Friday 22 October 2010

Introductions

Like many people out there with a passion for films and an inquisitive nature I have recenly purchased the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" and listed how many films I had watched. I counted 293. After doing a little bit of Maths (see below) I worked out how long I had to live. Fortunately this result gave me a solid 47-48 years to watch the remaining films on the list, however as the list constantly updates, I would find it hard to keep up. The maths also doesn't work out, as many of the films on the list I have seen, i've seen in the last 4 years due to age restrictions and such. Thankfully my parents didn't show me Natural Born Killers when I was 3, had that been the case this blog could have been about something completely diferent.

So here comes the point of this blog: I Aim To Have Seen ALL 1001 Films To See Before I Die by the time I am 30 and in doing so widening my knowledge of film and everything associated with it. This task gives my blog it's name as by the time I am 30 I am at risk of Death by Film.

My 30th Birthday will hopefully be on the 10th February 2021, which gives me approximately 537 weeks in which to see 708 films. That's 1.3 films a week and with the help of my girlfriend, friends, family and the staff at the local cineworld I aim to achieve this goal whilst documenting my progress on this blog. I would also like to thank Steven Jay Schneider for putting such a glorious book together and giving me the inclination to persue this endeavour.

P.S If at any point a R.I.P notice appears on this blog, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. Until then, lets get the (salted) popcorn in and enjoy some films.

The little bit of Maths mentioned earlier:

((l/s)*a = da)

l= The number of films on the list (1001)
s= The number of films I have seen (293)
a= My Current Age (19.666)
da= The Age at which I would "die" (67)

No comments:

Post a Comment